Are you interested in supporting our students, families and staff this fall? The new online application will be available in September 2020 for all schools.
Volunteer opportunities available during Northshore Learns 3.0 will be shared soon.
Involvement by student's families and community members contributes to a successful school experience and has a positive impact on student achievement. When caring adults participate in the education of children, students achieve better grades, have better attendance, complete homework, and show higher aspirations.
There are a variety of ways that you can get involved, including:
- Helping in classrooms, library, office, lunch room, nurse’s office, or on the playground
- Tutoring small groups in reading, writing, math, etc.
- Mentoring students
- Set-up and take-down for events and projects
- Listening to senior project presentations
- Scoring student writing
- Preparing materials in the school office for teachers
- Sharing personal talents, skills, interests or careers
- Participating on district committees or task forces
- Helping with vision screening, proctoring, etc.