Kokanee Elementary has several class sets of laptop computers and tablets that are stored in mobile carts and shared between classrooms. Each class also has a smaller set of classroom devices for use anytime. Students use MacBooks, Chromebooks, and iPads for research and learning in math, science, social studies, and language arts, as well as digital citizenship and computer skills and coding.
Remember these rules when on the Internet:
- If you have any questions or concerns about a website please talk to a teacher or parent.
- Do not give out any personal information.
- Do not send or receive any emails.
- Do not sign up for any website clubs at school.
- Do not visit inappropriate sites.
Hour of Code 2019-2020
The Hour of Code is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries. Students will get an introduction to coding and a chance for hands-on practice.
The purpose of the Northshore School District Responsible Use Procedures is to provide rules, guidelines, personal safety recommendations and the code of conduct for the use of technology, the district network and other connected networks including the Internet.
This Responsible Use Procedure (RUP) applies to staff, students and guests who utilize:
- District-owned technology on the NSD network, on non-school networks and offline
- Non-District technology, including privately owned technology that is connected to the NSD network, or using non-district networks while on school property.
For more information, see NSD's Internet Safety and Citizenship.